x

Options for Canadians

(excuse me for my English)

I am from Canada and we use Square for our nonprofit boardgames coffe shop. The application is awesome (on iPad) and we love it but some functionnality seems not available in Canada but in US or UK yes.

1. We need to be able to apply discount on specific products, categories or conditional with other things (like when we have 3 items it makes a trio and apply automaticaly the discount).

2. My wife do everything in the shop and some times she has many clients in the same time. Is it possible to have a kitchen screen with bills and be able to check when it's done? I made it with the API but everytime we connect I use a token (500 available and it seems to not reset after the day) https://elagplus.com/square.gif

3. Be able to put a picture on category so the iPad grid can show them?

Thanks !

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hello @TommyG! There are still some differences between the features available in the US and Canada (and the UK) and I'm happy to answer your questions.🙂 

1. We recently launched automatic and time-based discounts in the US - these features aren't available in Canada yet though! We're still tracking conditional discounts (e.g. buy two, get a third free) as a feature request. 

2. Hmm it sounds like Open Tickets might help? There isn't an API for Open Tickets yet! Another solution to consider is Fresh KDS which is kitchen display system that integrates with Square.

3. It's not possible to add an image to a category (you can add an emoji). That's a very popular request though and I'll share your vote for it with the Catalog team. 

Your non-profit shop sounds great by the way, glad to have you here in the Community! If you have any other questions about using Square don't hesitate to reply or to start a new post. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2