x

PIzza dough tracking

Pizza guy here,

we use fresh dough for all our pizzas.

Im trying to link each sale in the pizza category to my total dough count. 

So if a customer buys 1 pepperoni pizza and 1 hawaiian it subtracts from my total dough count -2dough. 

Every day we are limited by the total amount of dough not our toppings so its critical that we don't over sell our pizza and not have the dough to put the pizza toppings on.

Thank you 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Farm2Fire great question and thanks for posting! You have a couple options for how to best handle this, and it all depends on how to want to track your sales and inventory. As it stands now, there is no direct way in Square to pool all of the pizza dough sales from multiple items. 

If you want to track all your pizza topping sales as well as track the inventory of your pizza dough, you can add a $0 item labeled "pizza dough" and attach it to each sale of Pizza. This will be no charge, but you can track when the inventory hits 0 for this. This will show up on your receipts though, so if you don't want it to appear on your receipts, I would not use this option.

You can consider having one large item called "Pizza" with a large number of variations for each type of pizza. This will track the stock of your pizza dough, as the main item, and also track the sales of your item variations. However; not all sellers like this option as they like to have each type of pizza/food item have their own item.

A final option would be to team up with our partner Peachworks which manages recipe management and inventories for restaurants. This is an added subscription, and thus not free, but could offer exactly what you are looking for. 

@pessosices and @VanKalkerFarms may also be able to provide some useful insight to this as well. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

@AshleyK wrote:

If you want to track all your pizza topping sales as well as track the inventory of your pizza dough, you can add a $0 item labeled "pizza dough" and attach it to each sale of Pizza. This will be no charge, but you can track when the inventory hits 0 for this. This will show up on your receipts though, so if you don't want it to appear on your receipts, I would not use this option.

This thread seems like a solution that we are currently looking for.

100 pizzas / night.  Spread over 6 different pizza items

This solution intrigues me but I'm unclear how to 'attach' this $0 dough item to the sale of the other pizza items?  Can you walk me through it?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4

I track my pizza dough by the size it’s items categories as pizza lg , pizza med , pizza small that way I can keep track of my par levels 

Message 4 of 4