x

Pairing my terminal to my iPad

I have a mobile ice cream truck, and have been using Square for a couple years. My iPad is mounted in the truck, and turning it so customers can enter the tip and go through the prompts is difficult.

I bought the terminal with the understanding that I could pair it to my iPad, so I could leave the iPad in the truck, run the order through and pass the terminal outside to my customer to accept payment. I spoke to someone at Square and they assured me this was possible before I ordered it.

Reading through these posts it seems I was fed some bad information by the company itself.

Is there really no way to do this?

It seems ridiculous that this wouldn't be how it works.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @DarrylJackson

Welcome back to the Community! 

Yes, you can set-up your iPad as a Customer-Facing Display. Check out this Support Article for help on how to do so: http://squ.re/buyerdisplay

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

I don't see that option with the terminal

Message 3 of 5

I don't see that option on my iPad either. I just updated my square app and still nothing.

I have an iPad Air 2 running version 13.4.1

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

@DarrylJackson

So sorry about that! I just confirmed with our Hardware team that the Terminal can't use an iPad as a customer-facing display. 

This would be a Feature Request, which I will be happy to tag for our Product Team. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5