x

Percentage/Multiplier Modifier

Hi,

Is there a way to create a modifier that affects the cost on a percentage or multiplier basis?

For example, I have Business Cards as an item, and quantity set as a modifier (as the cost per unit goes down the more thats ordered), I would like to then have an option for a modifer that increases the price by 20% if the client wants them double sided.

Please let me know if this is possible, and if not, I'd like to suggest it for the next update.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @NewCityPrinters! Unfortunately modifiers won't multiple the price of an item. I'll share your request with the Items team! 

As a workaround you could have a separate item for double-sided cards (with a different price) or create a variations for your Business Card items - one for single sideds cards and another for double sided. Or would either of those slow down/add more steps to ringing up a sale? Any additional feedback you can provide would be useful!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 5

+1 please add this feature!!! I want to add a large vehicle fee (15%) for my car detailing business and this seems to be the only way. Please add it Square!!!!

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @sparksdetail Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community! I will be sure to push your feedback along as well.

In the meantime, you can consider having a variable priced item that you can add onto your sales if you have to have a large vehicle fee to that sale.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Square seems stubbornly committed to NOT adding an upcharge feature. This request has been justified by numerous sellers over many years, yet Square continues to add ways to improve our costs but not our capability.

When will this capability be present in Square?

Message 5 of 5