x
Highlighted

Point of Sale: How do I bypassing the tipping screen on one device?

I have the tip features enabled for the business, but want one of our devices to be set up to bypass the tip feature, (i.e. the screen doesn't even show up) without disabling the feature on the rest of the devices. Can it be done?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: bypassing tipping screen on one device

Best Answer

Actually,  got this issue resolved yesterday, thanks to the amazing support team at Square! 

This can definitely be done, because I’ve tested it, and it works like a charm! What we had to do is, create a second location,(in my case called “Cash Only Register”). Then go into settings  for that location, and adjust all of your parameters to suit that Location’s needs.  Plus, I was able to import all of the items from the business  into the new location. Works great! 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Admin

Hey there, @borndancer

Welcome to the Community!

I see what you mean about having setting for different devices. Currently, it cannot be done. Once you select those settings, they are fixed for any device you log into under that account. 

Being able to change each specific device's settings would be a Feature Request. I can tag this for our Product Team, so it gets over to them. You can keep an eye out for our Product Updates for upcoming launches. 

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

Best Answer

Actually,  got this issue resolved yesterday, thanks to the amazing support team at Square! 

This can definitely be done, because I’ve tested it, and it works like a charm! What we had to do is, create a second location,(in my case called “Cash Only Register”). Then go into settings  for that location, and adjust all of your parameters to suit that Location’s needs.  Plus, I was able to import all of the items from the business  into the new location. Works great! 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Admin

@borndancer

Happy to hear you have a workaround! Thank you for coming back and posting about it. This helps other sellers with similar needs. 👍

Message 4 of 4