x

Point of Sale: How do I create a discount for bulk purchases?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Discount on bulk purchase

How do i create a discount when certain items purchased together will auto apply a discount?

Example : product A, B, C & D can be bought all separately for a slightly higher cost, but when all 4 bought together they are cheaper. I'm having a brain burp to figure this out.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @abornykmk-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. I am assuming you're referring to purchases made using the POS. 

We have three types of quantity discounts available for use:

• Exact Quantity: When you add an exact item quantity to your cart, the discount will automatically trigger and apply to the item cost.
  • Minimum Purchase Quantity: When you add a minimum quantity of an item to your cart, a discount will apply to a purchase.
  • Buy One, Get One: When a customer buys a specified quantity of an item or category, a discount will apply towards additions of the same item or towards different item(s) added to the cart. For example, you can create a BOGO discount so that when a customer purchases 2 hats, they’ll receive 50% off the cost of a scarf.

I think what you're looking for is Buy One, Get one, which you can set up from the Discounts section within the Online Dashboard:

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 4.42.39 PM.png

Is that what you were looking for? Let me know if not! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @abornykmk-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. I am assuming you're referring to purchases made using the POS. 

We have three types of quantity discounts available for use:

• Exact Quantity: When you add an exact item quantity to your cart, the discount will automatically trigger and apply to the item cost.
  • Minimum Purchase Quantity: When you add a minimum quantity of an item to your cart, a discount will apply to a purchase.
  • Buy One, Get One: When a customer buys a specified quantity of an item or category, a discount will apply towards additions of the same item or towards different item(s) added to the cart. For example, you can create a BOGO discount so that when a customer purchases 2 hats, they’ll receive 50% off the cost of a scarf.

I think what you're looking for is Buy One, Get one, which you can set up from the Discounts section within the Online Dashboard:

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 4.42.39 PM.png

Is that what you were looking for? Let me know if not! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 10

It took me a while to get it the way i needed it, but it worked in a sense. thank you!

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Happy to hear it @abornykmk! Let me know if anything else comes up. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 10

Thank you both, for asking the question and the response. This is something I needed to set up for the wholesale side of the biz, and works brilliantly.

Message 5 of 10
Admin

Always happy to hear that @atlanticpewter🎉

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 10

Hi!  I'm trying to do a BOGO50 offer as well.  Were you able to figure out how to do it?

Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 10
Admin

Hi @rwilk! Are you still having trouble setting it up even after following along with Isabelle's steps above?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 8 of 10

Yes I was able to get it sorted out.

Message 9 of 10

I have a new discount dilemma... I would like my customers to be able to choose a color for 3 different items, plus an item that has no color option, and then get the last item for free. what am i doing wrong?

abornykmk_0-1692152303338.png

Message 10 of 10