x
Beta Member

Print onine orders but not local payments?

Pretty simple question, In one of my checkouts we have online orders coming in and people paying through square for call in or walk in orders. Different than the other checkout that runs two separate systems. My problem is I want it to auto print out online orders but not print out an order ticket with list of items with all the square transactions as they already picked it out and are just paying. But if I disable tickets it won't auto print online orders either sooo...

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Alumni

Hey @MattHebb1995 - I think I need to understand what you're referring to when you mention that you have two "checkouts" in order to better answer your question. Do you have two separate Square accounts, two separate locations within a Square account, or do you mean that you have multiple devices you're using to process payments through Square with?

It would also be helpful to know a bit more about the "other checkout" you describe that runs two separate systems. What is this "checkout" and what two systems is it running?

Thanks in advance for the detail ๐Ÿ™Œ

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 12
Beta Member

Hello @Valentina ok ill start over, I'm not always good at explaining things haha. Lets start from the beginning, I have two square stands running on the same seller account but two different emails, you know how you setup other users in team. So I have this in addition to the online store, when theres an online order it prints out automatically which is great but when people come in and shop and we ring them in it also prints an order ticket but it's just wasting paper as the order is already complete. The other system is just cash registers old style stuff, still using them a bit. 

Message 3 of 12
Square Community Moderator

@MattHebb1995

Stepping in for @Valentina

It sounds like you should edit the printer settings on the Square Stand you're having those extra tickets print. 

Try the steps provided in this Support Article to edit those settings. 

Please let me know if this doesn't do the trick!

Kassi
Message 4 of 12

Same issues here. This link is not helping.

we are a bakery not a restaurant. 

So, what are the exact steps to enable automatic printing of online orders only while retaining the ability for manual printing of in store receipts if a customer wants them?

We keep getting a numbered ticket for each in store order as a side effect of having online orders print without intervention. 

thanks. 

Message 5 of 12
Beta Member

I called square actually, feature does not exist yet. Hopefully will soon

Message 6 of 12

Thanks Matt.  Ugh. This one is a no brainer and needs to be done. 

Message 7 of 12
Beta Member

Same, I do big plant sales and get all these order tickets which are paper waste when your just checking people out

Message 8 of 12

Hi all, I've been having the same issue. I'm not sure if this is helpful for not, but I did find a workaround. It's a giant pain, but works if you...

1) Duplicate your item library (or create separate items for your Online Store)

2) Make sure your Online Store links to the new "online" items

3) Recategorize all of the online items into new Categories (through Square, not through the Online Store). I just added the prefix "Web" to my existing Category names.

4) Head to your printer settings and toggle all of the "Web" categories to print, and turn off all of the other categories.

This way, receipts still print (if you want them), and only online orders automatically print otherwise.  The only trouble is that, if you miss recategorizing an item, the online ticket will print, but it will print without that item... so it's worth double checking with your register to make sure you properly added/recategorized everything. Like I said - huge pain, but it does work in a pinch.

Message 9 of 12

I can see the smart logic but it is cumbersome will not work with a shared inventory for online sales and shop sales.

We have just got our printer working and have the same issue as those above. The POS> settings>printers options only mention "In-person order tickets" although it manages both (online) Orders and In-person sales. This in itself is very misleading.

The simple and flexible solution is to split the printer functionality into two separate options: (online) Orders and In-person order tickets as well as the current Receipts, Order ticket stubs etc.. They both have exactly the same functionality as the current In-person order tickets. Basically copy the In-person order ticket functionality and use it to control what prints out when (online) Orders come in. Easy-peasy.

This would make everyone very happy and less frustrated!

Thanks.

Message 10 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @twowhales thanks for taking the time to explain this. I will definitely share your feedback with the team as I do see how this will be useful to yourself and other business owners. 

Thanks again for your time and please let me know if you have any other questions.

AshleyK
Message 11 of 12
Beta Member

Was this ever updated?

Message 12 of 12