x

Problems Registering new account

The title of this thread has been updated from: "My New Square Register Review"

Started to register new square for iPad, yet got an error asking for Home address as use post box for everything. It doesn’t seem to allow one to register after this error. What does one have to do to register. Can’t contact square as do not see the code to use to have voice contact and emailed someone apparently at square only to be told nothing can be done. As square has taken an amount from my bank account and returned it, I will be contacting fraud shortly if this is not resolved and assistance to set it up with ease is not done. Have used Evalon for four years without any hiccups, yet in transition and changing so require this square for ease. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Easesquare! Welcome to the Seller Community. 

Currently we're unable to assist with activation on this public form, but our CS Team will be able to help you troubleshoot this. If you haven't entered your SIN, I recommend giving it a try. It's not required, but most sellers have success after adding this information. 

Message 2 of 3

Best Practices for the use of Social Insurance Numbers in the private sector

• Principle 4.3.3 : “An organization shall not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service, require an individual to consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfil the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes.”
    • Identification purposes are not in themselves considered a legitimate basis for requiring an individual to provide the SIN. If the SIN is being requested for purposes of identification only, the organization must not in any way suggest to the individual that the SIN is required as a condition for providing a product or service or otherwise establishing a business relationship.
    • Even where it is reasonable for an organization to ask a customer for proof of identity, a request for the SIN in particular must be represented and treated as optional. In verifying identity, an organization may request the SIN as one option among others, but never as a requirement in itself.
    • When banks or other credit-granting institutions need to confirm identity for the purposes of running a credit check on a loan applicant, it is acceptable to ask for the SIN as one among several identification options, but it should not be required as a condition for granting credit.

Message 3 of 3