x
Square

Re: Can I use my Square reader in England, if I key in credit card numbers rather than swipe?

@honeyandwax  - We currently only support the ability for sellers to process payments within their country of activation. Meaning you wouldn't be able to use the Square Register app outside the US right now.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

If your customer or a payment card isn’t present, or your reader is not working, you can manually enter your customer’s card details on a supported mobile device, use the Virtual Terminal or send an invoice from your online Square Dashboard or mobile device.

Regards: Cruseburke

Message 2 of 3

As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, Square's hardware and services, including the Square reader, are generally designed to work in specific regions based on their availability and compatibility. However, the ability to manually key in credit card numbers might be subject to additional considerations.

To get the most accurate and up-to-date information, I recommend checking directly with Square's customer support or reviewing their official documentation. They can provide details on the compatibility of your Square reader in England and whether manual entry of credit card numbers is supported in that region.

Square's policies and features can evolve, so it's crucial to get the latest information from the source. You can contact Square's support through their official website or reach out to them via any provided customer service channels.

Best Regards: Chauffeur Service Birmingham 

Message 3 of 3