x

Receipt amount incorrect

Hi!

Two questions I can't find answers to:

1. I'm using Square POS and my currency is ISK (Icelandic Krona). We don't usually use .00 numbers, Króna is always an 'whole number' no need for decimals. I can't find a way to take the '.00' part off.
  2. When I send a customer a receipt the numbers are way higher (x100). I will attach 2 screenshots to explain. Example: in my system a cup of coffee costs 350 kr.  It shows 350.00 which is fine I guess if I can't fix it (as I mention above). When I make a receipt it's 35.000 kr. 

Many thanks in advance 🙂

- Einar

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 21.09.18.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-21 at 21.10.24.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @flakrestaurant,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing this feedback!

I don't have a quick and easy answer for this, and I'm not sure if this will be easily changable, but ideally we'd like all currency types to display correctly in the POS app!

I had a quick look online and wasn't able to find a definiteive source for how Icelandic currency formatting should ideally appear, and found a few different examples that varied a little (mainly on travel forums!) - I don't suppose you'd happen to know if there are any government guidelines available that I could pass on to our engineering team to highlight the difference with how our POS displays Icelandic Krona? Or if not, can you take any pictures of the formatting usually used - eg a catalog, pictures of prices on a menu, or any other examples I'd be able to pass on to the team who build our international POS app?

Happy to try and persue this one further if we're able to 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hello Square Team

I seem to face the same issue whereby the app can show an item to cost 2500 but when i send the receipt or report - it shows 250000, so it seem the zero for decimals are not being considered the same.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @questioncoffee thanks for reaching out here!

We'd love to pass on some more information to our engineering team regarding this issue.

Similar to my teammate's questions above in response to @flakrestaurant, are you able to provide any government guidelines that can help demonstrate the correct format for Icelandic Krona?

This will assist me in passing on accurate feedback to my team to help get this issue resolved.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4