x

Receipt not printing automatically

Hi everyone,

I have some issues printing receipts with the new square version (4.79). They are not automatically printed even if the option is selected. I have to manually print the it by clicking on the printing button. Also, when the wifi is off, impossible to print receipts at all (even if I click on the button).

The other functionnality such as cash-drawer opening or order ticket printing are working well so I guess it's a Software problem.

Anyone encountering this issue? I'm using Epson Tm-m10 printer.

Thanks for your Help

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @IdrisMekhtoub,

Thanks for reaching our and welcome to the community!

For automatically printing receipts, try:

1. On your POS app Go to Settings/Printers then select the printer station the Epson printer is assigned to.

2. Under "Print from this device", make sure "Receipts, Bills, Reports, Open Cash Drawers" is turned ON.

3. Once this setting is on, the option "Automatically Print Receipts" should appear. Switch it ON.

4. Receipts should now automatically print when you process sales.

In regards to the printer not working when wifi is off - it sounds like you have the printer connected via an ethernet cable into your modem/router? If this is the case wifi will indeed need to be turned on in order for the printer to communicate with the POS app.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Seamus,

Thank you for your answer.

Actually, both  "Receipts, Bills, Reports, Open Cash Drawers" and "Automatically Print Receipts" are already turned ON.

Also, my printer is connected via bluetooth, not ethernet.

Message 3 of 4

I have printer work by Internet but if the Internet have walking in one megabyte the printer does not print the paper and that’s make the order take so long, I Coulda company of Telecom to tell me that is not our issues talk application programr ,  what could I do to make it easier to me and print it fast, if I have fast Internet does that fixed the issues ?

Message 4 of 4