x
Beta Member

Revert Stock Addition

Hello!
I need to remove an item from the stock as this item will not be sold, but will instead be used internally for testing purpose (a bicycle helmet). This is a Formation expense and that would be updated accordingly in my accounting software.

This item was received through a Purchase Order. I cannot revert the "receival" for that item. I cannot go into the stock History for this either, and I cannot change the cost of the item received to put it to zero.

The only options are to recount, mark as Lost or Damaged,  which will move the quantity from 1 to zero and a the cost to the COGS report. That doesn't work from an accounting point of view as the expense will be the cost of a good sold, and I can't also add it as a Formation on the accounting side; it would be counted twice at the end of the year.

So is there a way to truly revert the addition of something to the stock as if it actually never happened?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Velo

Great question! At this time, we don’t have a way to revert the addition of an item in the stock settings as if it never happened. As mentioned here, the only options available at this time are damage, theft, loss, stock received, restock return, or Inventory re-count. 

If these settings change in the future we will make sure to let you know. 

Have a good day.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 5

How do I record an item that was damaged by us, so that it is considered sold and we pay the artist for that item?

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @FCSTC

I moved your post over to a Canadian thread where there are some steps for marking inventory as damage, etc. 

This would be the only option to reduce the inventory for your shop. You would have to pay those vendors outside of Square since there isn't a feature like that available. 

I am happy to send this over to our Product Team as a Feature Request. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the reply.  I suspected as much.

Message 5 of 5