x
Highlighted

[SOLVED] I am in Canada, the activation process is forcing me to put in US information

I just need someone to tell me how to register / activate my account. It is forcing me to put US information in for the activation process.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Square

Re: I am in Canada, the activation process is forcing me to put in US information

So sorry to hear! It sounds like your browser might be sending you to the US site. You can find the Canadian activation form here.

Please comment if you run into any other general issues! 

Message 2 of 20
Highlighted

Re: I am in Canada, the activation process is forcing me to put in US information

Your link is still sending me to the US verification page.

Message 3 of 20
Highlighted

I tried this on different browsers (Edge, Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari.) And the only thing that I can see differently is that it goes from asking for a zip code to a postal code, but it still wants a zip code, I can't use letters for my address information.

Message 4 of 20
Highlighted
Square

Just tested out the link again, and it led me to the Canadian activation page. It sounds like something might be going on with your browser. At this point, I'd suggest downloading the Square Register app and activating an account that way.

Message 5 of 20
Highlighted

I've downloaded the app, the app is navigating me to US registration information, I have tried several browsers on three different computers. And have had no success.

Message 6 of 20
Highlighted
Square

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble but thanks for trying all of those steps. You should be able to manually adjust the country by selecting the country drop down and choosing Canada. 

Message 7 of 20
Highlighted

Hey Kelly, I've grabbed a screen for you, I ensured during the creation process that I had selected Canada. and I was still re-directed to this page.

Now when I log in I am forced to resume at this same page.

issue.JPG

Message 8 of 20
Highlighted
Square

@Thyssyk That screenshot isn't loading for me but I'll shoot you a private message and we can get this taken care of ASAP. 

Message 9 of 20
Highlighted

The isusue is resolved now, thank you Kelly.

Message 10 of 20