x

Sales put through using Square & my Weebly website

Hello, I have square synced with my Weebly website. When a customer makes a purchase on the Weebly store, using square point of sale, the sale comes through on my "in-store" tablet in the transactions list & the sales report. Which is good, that's what I want. 

But, when you view the transaction in square transaction list it shows as a custom amount, and that custom amount is the total of tax + the item cost. So when I run a report at the end of the day, the sales report tax number is significantly wrong. 

Why does it not recognize the tax? It also makes it difficult, because square handles it as a custom amount, rather than the actual item that was sold, when I view end day reports the tax is wrong AND I can't even see what was sold. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

In addition to that inquiry;

The items on my Weebly store were imported using square, but when a customer chooses to pay with PayPal, this item's don't even show up on the sales report on square at the end of the day. Why don't they register as an "other" payment?

Message 2 of 22
Admin

@Braeheid I've escalated this to our Developers Team for you. I'll be back as soon as I have more information!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 22
Admin

Thanks for your patience @Braeheid

The Developers team just confirmed that all transactions processed through the Weebly-Square integration will be reported as a custom amount, and taxes are not recognized. This is because the integration with Weebly doesn't currently use the Orders API to show itemization in Square Dashboard. At this time it only syncs inventory and processes payments.

To answer your second question, Square doesn't report payments processed by other payment processors, like PayPal. 

I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused! I've shared your experience with the API team here. You could also check in with the Weebly Community to see if they have any updates.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 22

Hello, I too use Weebly for my online business and I am having a similar problem where the sales tax isn't separated from the main price on my Square Dashboard. My question is this does this same problem apply to all sites that use Square as a processor or is there another website that integrates better with Square?

If there is could someone please recommend a better website.

I really need an answer to this question ASAP.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 22
Admin

Great question @christiantees28

Update: I stand corrected! GoCentral, an online store integration with GoDaddy does have itemized transactions! There's more information in our Support Center and here on GoDaddy's website.

At this time Square's eCommerce API only syncs inventory and processes payments when you use any other eCommerce integration. (So you'll see 'custom amount' in your Dashboard rather than the sales tax and the item price.)

I'm very sorry for the frustration this causes and I've shared your post with the partnership team. We're always looking to improve based on seller feedback so thank you for flagging this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 22

Any update on this in the past year? Ideas as to when it might be addressed? I just started doing more website sales instead of in person transactions through my Weebly/square integrated website and I just realized last night that the reporting is completely inaccurate. 

Im going to have to sift through all of my sales now from the last six months and I can’t use any of the square reporting because it’s all wrong. 

Im kind of in a panic here and would love to see this get addressed. 

I mean- what’s the point, honestly, of having the sales from Weebly show up in the reporting of it’s just going to skew the numbers?

Message 7 of 22

We currently use the Weebly free version for our website but are considering updating to the Business version for online sales and Square for offline sales. 

All of the third party online reviews give rave reviews for Weebly, Weebly eCommerce, and Square, but none mentioned the reporting and integration issues that are brought up in this thread. 

Any updates that will alleviate our concerns about integration and reporting will help us move forward with your products.

Thanks

Message 8 of 22

Save yourself a headache. Look for another platform for your website. Square is great but it's integration with Weebly really sucks. Last year they made a software update and ever since I've had problems. I've spoken many times with support but there seems no effort to address and correct the issues that never existed before the update. They keep updating the software with new features but they don't address the problems that were created a year ago. I have almost 300 items on my website and online store. If I import a handful of new items it changes everything on my website and it takes 4-5 hours to fix everything.

If the problems aren't fixed soon I will be dumping Weebly for software that's more reliable. Several other users have experienced the same issues but so far there's been zero effort to address these issues.

Message 9 of 22
Beta Member

Did you ever find a solution? I hate the new Weebly store integration!

Message 10 of 22

They never fixed the problem. I originally built my website in Weebly and synced it with Square. I found that if I build an online store in Square and then synced it to Weebly it solved my syncing issues. However, I had to give up some flexibility in the website design. At present, it was a sacrifice I had to make. So for now I'm going to live with it. Hopefully down the road there will be some big improvements. I just don't have the time to switch over to another system. 

Message 11 of 22

Hi there, no solution .... I just use my own spreadsheets to track $$.   I am not a fan of the Square Online store if that's what you mean.  It's just made everything more confusing.

Message 12 of 22
Admin

Hey @LawrenceD, thanks for checking in and sorry to keep you waiting here.

I'd like to surface more information with our eCommerce folks. Can you confirm if you're set up with the free Square Online Store or do you have a regular Weebly site? The integrations are quite different, though the insights and reporting are the same—the reporting offers actionable sales data to work with. If you have any specific concerns or data needs, feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to run this by them for another look!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 13 of 22

I used JotForm and the same issue makes tax reporting difficult.  Sales come through as uncategorized. I can't build forms in Square but I can in JotForm, so why isn't the integration better?  Impossible? 

Message 14 of 22
Admin

@bfreed01 I'm sorry for the frustration this is causing. I'll share your experience with the JotForm integration with the team here so we can work with JotForm to make reporting better for you - and for everyone!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 15 of 22

what if I need to change the category of a transaction? a transaction on weebly came over as uncategorized

Message 16 of 22
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can I backdate or edit a transaction?

I'm sorry for the confusion @tugboat, I moved your post to this thread which should help clarify.

You won't be able to recategorize these completed payments. This happens for Weebly payments because Square is payment processor only. Therefor the transaction will appear as a "Custom Amount" in your Square Dashboard. I definitely see how this is frustration and I'll share your request to improve this with the eCommerce team. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 17 of 22

I agree and sympathize with Braheid. I would love to see this developed if possible.

Message 18 of 22

We have been using a weebly website for many years for the sale of art classes, using PayPal to process credit card sales. We recently synced with our Square account to give purchasers an alternative to PayPal, but now when a sale is made through Square, we don't see the name of the item (course) that has been purchased. This is a big problem for us!  Is there anything we can do to change this?

Message 19 of 22

I am having the same issue with Square in Canada.  Orders on Square dashboard from Weebly are not showing sales tax as a separate line item.  The invoice to the customer is correctly showing tax separately.

So the price of the item appears inflated with no tax showing.  Since I believe Square provides reporting to Canada Revenue Agency this will be an issue as the amount of tax collected will not be accurate and will not match the amount that I report directly.  I contacted both Weebly and Square yesterday....both companies referred me back to the other company but Square did say they would try to help if Weebly could not.  I went back to Weebly again yesterday and am waiting for a reply.

Kathleen M - Ottawa Canada

Message 20 of 22

Did you ever hear back?

Message 21 of 22