x
Beta Member

See Modifier Header on Kitchen Tickets

How do we set tickets to show the header name for each header?

For instance, we have different cheese options but in the modifer called Tortilla Options - that we see on the screen - but when, say Spinach is chosen - the ticket says Spinach - but the cook is not sure if spinach is a tortilla or actual spinach... and so we've had to modify the modifiers to read: Tortilla - Spinach - and so our modifiers are getting quite long in the tooth.

James Wilkinson
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Beta Member

Any thoughts on this from Square?

James Wilkinson
Message 2 of 6
Admin

Hello @JPWilkinson! I know what you're looking for but at this time there isn't a way to do this. With modifiers applies an order ticket will be formatted like this:

1 x Item Name

Modifier option name 1

Modifier option name 2 [and so on]

I'll share your experience with the Item Library team, thank you for your post! I do see how making modifiers clearer would help you and your staff.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

@Helen

The modifiers as they appear on a Kitchen Ticket need to be able to set them a) by build level and b) level option(s). By build level I am referring to the stages in which a sandwich, for instance, is built.

Turkey Club Wrap

TORTILLA

> Spinach

CHEESE

> American

> Swiss

GARNISH

> Spinach

> Tomato

> Avacado

CONDIMENTS

> Mayo

> Mustard - Dijon

OPTIONS

> Grilled

NOTES

Right now - the modifiers are sitting here and there - and they need to be controlled as to where they sit on the POS screen as well as on the ticket. As you can see above, Spinach is in the Tortilla and the Garnish modifier sets - and I am having to add the modifier set name before all items so as the kitchen reads the tickets correctly. Making my job more in time spent and the kitchen from having to read very long tickets.

James Wilkinson
Message 4 of 6
Admin

Thanks for your reply!

@Ron Do you have any tips/workarounds for @JPWilkinson? Not sure if you use as many modifiers but any help would be great! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

This would be fantastic, and it would also be great to be able to mark modifiers as sold out to also reflect online.

Message 6 of 6