x
Beta Member

Select order type appearing on homepage

All of a sudden today the order bar that typically only appears on the Order page is showing on our homepage. No changes were made to our site that would have caused this. As you can see, I also am unable to edit/remove this bar when I try to edit my homepage. Anyone know what's going on?

thenestcafe_2-1632688698857.png

When trying to edit:

thenestcafe_1-1632688645504.png

EDIT: I ended up turning off ordering completely as we aren't open yet and were only building buzz around our menu. The problem is that it isn't just the homepage, but pages that this bar appears on if pickup ordering is on. We'll need to figure this out before we launch though.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @thenestcafe

Did you recently make any changes to the item's fulfillment types or switch the online store layout from Shop All to Order Online? 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 20
Beta Member

Not that I know of, I went back through all the options yesterday and nothing seemed incorrect. We aren't open yet and the menu was purely to build buzz prior to our launch. Because of that, I ended up shutting off pickup ordering which removed it from all pages. (I had thought you needed to have pickup ordering on in order for customers to even see the order page, but that's not the case)

This solution is fine for now since we aren't accepting orders yet, but when we do launch, I don't want the order type bar to appear on any page except for the actual order page. It's weird that this would all of a sudden just appear. I can't find a setting anywhere that lets you specify which page this bar is on. Even on the order page, it seems to be baked into the header and not editable.

I have a ticket into support so hopefully will hear back. 

Message 3 of 20

Did you get an answer to this? I'm seeing the same order bar on all of my screens as well...

Message 4 of 20

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this, too @DavidMann! Have you made any changes to your site recently? Have you had a chance to reach out to support yet? 

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

Message 5 of 20

This is a new site.. and that is appearing on every single page.. I cant really go live with it like this..

Message 6 of 20

Hi there again @thenestcafe and @DavidMann - Thank you for your replies. Sorry that my suggestion wasn't the solution here.

I actually reached out to our Square Online Store Support Team for some help on this one. Their team let me know that this was a recent update to the Online Store, so the bar will now show on the site Home page as well as the Order page.

This is intended but we can submit what we call a Voice of the Seller request to have this changed if you would like for me to forward that to our Product Team for you both.

Please just let me know and I'll get that filled out for you. Thank you for your patience!

Violet
Message 7 of 20

I am in the same boat, and would like a "voice of the seller" request submitted for me.  Why can't someone just browse the site without having to put in a location?  

Message 8 of 20
Beta Member

Nope, just checked, still an issue. We are in the process of a fitup so ordering is off, but once we open next year, this will become a problem again.

Message 9 of 20

Hi there @thenestcafe and @DavidMann - Alanah here, stepping in for Arie 👋

If you do not want the "Order Now" button to be displayed in the Header of your Home Page, please follow these steps.

From the website editor: Make sure you're on your Home page. Then, either click Header on the left or click into the header at the top of the website preview. On your left again, you should see a section that says Button and you can toggle the switch off so the Order Now button is no longer displayed on the Home page.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions. Always happy to help! 😊

Violet
Message 10 of 20
Beta Member

thanks Alanah, it’s not the order button, I want that. It’s the order type section that includes the location selection, pickup time, etc. This bar all of sudden started appearing on all pages, not just the homepage a couple months ago. It doesn’t make sense to have all those options on any page except the actual order page. This changed and there was no messaging from Square. Please look at our screenshots that clearly show this new section that can’t be removed from our pages without completely disabling ordering.

Message 11 of 20

I am going to add to this thread and request that the "Select order type" bar be removable or editable for certain pages. I am operated a site in a "restaurant style" even through I am a specialty supply company. I want my local customer to pre-order and pick up their supplies much like they would a restaurant. Customers seem very comfortable with this interface now. However I would like the ability to buildout a full and robust website around Square's online ordering and pick up. This means an About Page and instructional and information pages, not to mention I would like a nice clean landing page. Having the "Select order type" bar is great for my Order Page, but I really do not want it on the rest of my site. It would be great if the Square developers to add some versatile on this item. 

Message 12 of 20

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The only work around I know of at this time is to change your store page template to Shop All instead of Order Online

This will remove the bar from displaying on the site, but still allow customers to add items to the cart, and select a fulfillment method. 

To switch the template for your single ordering page:

1. Go to your Square Online site editor, and select the Page dropdown menu.

2. Under Category pages, select "..." > Switch template under either your Shop All or Order Online page.

3. Review your template options, and select Switch.

4. Finish setting up your single ordering page, and Publish your site to see the changes live.

Message 13 of 20

Thanks Bernadette. I was originally using the ‘Shop All’ template but I like the ‘Order Online’ better for my business. While I am not a restaurant, I do cater to the local market and want to focus on pre-orders and pickups, which the ‘order online’ is great for. I just don’t want it on every page. This should be a fairly straightforward change and useful for a lot of your Square Online customers. Can you please make the request to your development team to make this change? I also image there is some custom code that can be added to remove any this, I am just a coder. If anyone is, please help. 

Message 14 of 20

Ok, so this does effectively remove the bar. Might be a workaround, but really the dev team needs to make this an option per page in the Order Online template. That template is much better suited for our type of business.

Message 15 of 20

thank you thank you thank you!!!

Message 16 of 20

For what's it worth, I too would love to remove the "Select Order Type." I spent quite awhile looking for a way to do so before finding this thread. I'm stumped and stymied 😕

Message 17 of 20

Me three, please make this removable!! 

This banner has been driving me nuts for 3 months. I run a cottage food business and am not keen on casual visitors seeing my home address where my family (and kids) live. I much prefer to disclose my address via purchase confirmation generated emails. We are still exposed to the community due to the regulations on packaging, but at least it adds a little layer of defense & safety from the general population.

The other template is a work around, but doesn't allow for categorical differentiation since everything gets lumped into one shop all section. 

I'm really thinking about going back to Squarespace or WIX to provide more customization and safety 😩

Message 18 of 20

Ditto.

Message 19 of 20

same problem here. Can square please fix this???? 

Message 20 of 20