x

Selling unique items with Square Online

We make and sell one of a kind woodcraft items. I have a library of items that I use for Square POS in our studio and at shows. I am considering creating a Square Online Store (already in draft). There is only one of any item on hand. I want to avoid selling the same item more than once in the Online Store. Basically, once an item is sold, it should either appear as sold or be removed from the online offerings. How do I achieve this in Online Store?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@JimS

Thanks for your question and welcome to the Community!

When you set up your products you will want to enable inventory management. If you use your Square Online Store, the inventory will track whether it's online or in person.

If you show an item online, that does not have inventory attributed to it, the Online Store will not allow your customers to check out.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

@JimS

Thanks for your question and welcome to the Community!

When you set up your products you will want to enable inventory management. If you use your Square Online Store, the inventory will track whether it's online or in person.

If you show an item online, that does not have inventory attributed to it, the Online Store will not allow your customers to check out.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 4

I am in the same situation. Just starting an online store and selling one of a kind items has it's difficulties.

I'd be interested in your experience if you went ahead with this.

Message 3 of 4

I never went ahead with Square online store.

I have two web 'stores' to maintain already, our own web site and Etsy. Having to maintain a third wasn't worth the aggravation. So, I use Square for direct sales in our studio and at shows.

Having said that, it did look like Square online could work well for one-of-a-kind items when you use inventory control. Looked straight-forward. I set it up but never tested it.

Message 4 of 4