x

Settings on a personal device when using Square contactless

Hello!

For the sake of being a second user on a vendor's Square account, wherein I am logged into their Square business account on my iPhone but using their contactless device...here are my questions to ensure I can successfully take payments:

1. Do I have to sync my device with the contactless device everytime I use it, or just the first time? Is the pairing automatically recognized during every use thereafter? I understand I have to have Bluetooth turned on to sync, but is a wi-fi connection also necessary in conjunction with Bluetooth?

2. Once the two devices are synced, I assume Bluetooth needs to remain on to process the transactions? Does wi-fi also need to be connected, or no? If I have a poor/non-existent wi-fi connection, will turning on Cellular Data when a transaction occurs be enough?

Thank you kindly in advance!

Jessica

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

bluetooth will need to remain on after pairing, it uses BTLE (Low energy) so it can stay ready and connected for days.  you don't need wifi but you do need an internet connection, which could be WIFI or a cellular connection.  

Message 2 of 2