x

Square Appointments for Samsung S8?

I know that there is now an Android version of Square Appointments, but does anybody have ANY idea why a powerful phone like the Samsung Galaxy S8 is incompatible with it?

I don't want to have to get a new phone just to use Square Appointments. 

Cheers,
Tym

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Tym!

Just to make sure we're covering all the bases here- is your Appointments app updated and are you running the most up to date version of its Operating System?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 6

Hi Nika,

Yes, my Android software is up to date, as is my Square POS, which works fine.

Google Playstore will not even show Square Appointments as an option for my phone, when I checked via the computer for the Appointment app, it says my phone is not a compatible device??

In other words, I don't have the app installed as Google Playstore won't provide the option to download it as it says my S8 is incompatible. 

Message 3 of 6

Figured I would show you what it looks like when I attempted to get the app through my laptop for my S8 via Google Playstore:

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Oh- my mistake @Tym

Just noticed that you're writing in from Canada. We currently don't have Appointments for Android in Canada quite yet. Sorry about that!

Stay tuned for updates here in the Community. We will be sure to post if and when this becomes available.

Thanks for your patience!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 6

It's incredibly misleading an frustrating to offer this service in Canada with no app to easily access and manage appointments on my business smart phone.

I specifically chose Square as most my transactions and business is centered around my phone and Square's availability and services in Canada. Very disappointing to advertise it's availability without mention of it's limited access.

Oh, it's also awesome to constantly get ad prompting to download the appointments app (which I can't) everytime I sign in.

Message 6 of 6