x
Beta Member

Square Appointments to Open Square POS for entering of Items

We have people who book through appointments - but then they want to add an item to the transaction, and we have to search through the library - which is troublesome because the library has items that are still in there but are not to be used. The items to be used are found in the pages in the Square grid. How do we hook the app to the pos to facilitate this as it is a slowdown of process and the incorrect items are being sold - messing up inventory, and gross sales.

James Wilkinson
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hey @JPWilkinson for the items that aren't being used, can you just delete them?

Also, what are you trying to 'hook up'? Are you looking to connect the Appointments software with the POS app? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

We cannot delete the old items as then sales history would be lost - however, we are now using Shopventory for the inventory backend and I can turn off inventory tracking as well as I have the option of turning off the item for showing in the POS.

What happens is that when you are in the Appointments app - you click on add an item - and the Appointments app brings up the library and you have to search for what you're looking for... but since we have set-up buttons on the POS app, it would be easier to control mis-selected items if the POS app interface was used.

James Wilkinson
Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Hi @JPWilkinson,

Jumping in for JustinC,

To make sure i'm understanding, is this more of an issue with the integration between Shopventory and the Appointments app, or feedback on how it's harder to navigate the item layout on the Appointments app?

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seciรณn y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

It is an issue that when you need to add a drink or an item to an appointment - that instead of the POS grid interface appearing - as is expected - the library interface appears instead. Using the library interface is causing the wrong items to be selected and as a result, the wrong price is being charged and inventory counts are not being adjusted properly since a wrong item is not a bundled item that was set-up in the Shopventory system that we are now using for inventory. The UI should be that if the Appointments app knows that the POS app is also being used - that the POS grid should be activated for item entries. The POS item grid is where the correct items have been set by Management for employees to sell from. The library is not ever to be used by employees due to the above-mentioned issues.

James Wilkinson
Message 5 of 5