x

Square Facebook Business Manager settings

Hi,

So I went to connect our Square account with our Instagram via the Facebook settings which worked, the catalog is on both FB and IG but it doesn't update at all. We followed the "installer" step by step and connected our FB page created thru my FB personal account, it and it did connect at first, but when I dig in FB it seems like the Pixel is connected to my personal account and not the page...

Also the process seemingly created an ad account to my personal account and not the page which I thought was the point of setting it all up, and I think that's why the pixel isn't attached to the page...and now I can't find a way to create an ad account for the page

Now when I go back in the FB/IG settings in Square it looks like nothing is connected so I can't manage our catalog updates from there, and when I start setting it up it tells me I already have it set up

We love Square but it's so hard to get it all running smoothly...HELP!

Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@CandP it sounds like you may need to disconnect and go through the process again to make sure it's tied to the right page. I'm sorry this has been so frustrating for you to deal with!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@CandP it sounds like you may need to disconnect and go through the process again to make sure it's tied to the right page. I'm sorry this has been so frustrating for you to deal with!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Message 2 of 4

Edit:

Nevermind, I figured I had to create an ad account under the Business Manager. Hope this might help other confused people!

Original message:

The company I work for has a Facebook page, and a Business Manager account for managing their Facebook page and Facebook shop. My personal Facebook account has been made an administrator of both their Business Manager account and Facebook page.

I manually created a Facebook pixel through their Business Manager (so my personal Facebook account wouldn't be the owner of the pixel).

However, when I tried to connect their Square account to their Facebook page, after granting all permissions to Square (including the one related to managing my businesses) and selecting the right Facebook page, the Square wizard insisted on creating a new Facebook pixel under my personal Facebook account. The pixel I manually created isn't listed. It is as if the wizard isn't aware there is a Business Manager account to work with.

@AshleyK could you please explain the procedure that would make Square create the facebook pixel using the Business Manager account instead of my personal account?

Thank you in advance!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for posting the solution @LOCO2 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 4