x

Square Terminal Questions

Hi all, I am thinking of getting the new square terminal.  From what I am reading I should be able to process Canadian debit sales over $100 on this unit as it has the ability to insert for chip.

Does anyone in Canada have this terminal and are you able to take larger debit payments?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

From the Square.ca Square shop "Let customers simply tap their debit cards for payments under $100. Or, they can insert their debit cards and enter their PIN for payments of any size."

I'm processing in the US so I can't confirm but that seems straightforward.  So jealous of the 10¢ debit fee.  I could save thousands a year if that ever came to the US.

Message 2 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @NagyReptiles and welcome to the Community!

Also thanks for the assist @VanKalkerFarms 🙂

You can process over $100 with the new Terminal by inserting the chip card but it may require pin entry. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

I have an Apple Watch and NFC with it works for transactions over $100 in Canada with debit card and credit card based transactions.

My old terminal uses bluetooth but the new one wants WiFi so my iPhone/iPad has to provide internet in the field.

The new terminal is helpful for chip and pin transactions which are limited then to the card  holder's spending limits. The integrated LCD is nice as the customer can use it like any other PIN pad.

Message 4 of 4