x

Square is very slow?

Is it just me but every query takes forver now. Tried rebooting my computer and relaunch the software but it isvery inconsistent. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Admin

@fdescarie 

Could you tell us a little more about what you are experiencing? Is this happening when you are trying to take a payment?

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 18

Not really, there is a 4 second delay when I try to edit a profile for example, so this is quite basic stuff

Message 3 of 18
Admin

@fdescarie 

Are you editing the transaction in App or in the Square Dashboard? Are you on a computer or Wifi? How is your signal?  What you are experiencing is definitely not the norm. We'd want to look into this a bit further to see if we can find a reason for the delay.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 4 of 18
Beta Member

It is very slow when we try to search an item in "items". When we try to type in words to search it is really bad.

Message 5 of 18
Square Community Moderator

@Provision Hmm this usually has something to do with the internet connection or browser you're using. Our Dashboard is most compatible with Chrome and Firefox. 

What browser are you using? 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 18
Beta Member

@ashc I'm using Chrome with 1gb download and 10mb upload

Message 7 of 18

@Provision That's strange. Are you still having this issue? 

Ashley C
Message 8 of 18
Beta Member

@ashc yup still having the issue, its fine on weebly. Just on square its very laggy

Message 9 of 18

@Provision Yikes okay. 

Can you reach out to our Support Team when you get a chance? 

We haven't had any other reports of this so it may be something we have to file a ticket on your behalf for.

Ashley C
Message 10 of 18
Beta Member

@ashc just sent support an email, thanks

Message 11 of 18

@Provision Sure thing! Sounds like it's a glitch and they should be able to help get it resolved quickly. 

Ashley C
Message 12 of 18
Beta Member

I thought it was just because we have alot of items but then realized it wasnt happening on weebly.

Message 13 of 18

@Provision Yeah it's sounding like it's related directly to our Dashboard so it's best we take a deeper look. 

Ashley C
Message 14 of 18

Only when I try to show a prospective client a picture, it takes for ever. Getting Comments from people.

Message 15 of 18

Hello, @mike41 This isn't the experience we want you to have  I will suggest you reach out to our eCommerce team for them to look into this situation with you. They can be reached at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

JJ
Message 16 of 18

I find My site on Square very slow too, loading times are very slow

Message 17 of 18
Beta Member

Hello,

Good Day!

Not to add gas to the fire but we are also experiencing the same. From the Square POS itself, when we scan a product, it takes a bit for the item to appear. At times it seems the square app hangs up we need to force close it then re-open to regain functionality back. Is there a limit of number of products until things slow down? What is the maximum number of products before an expected slow down occurs?

Exported the entire Items Library to Excel, it showed we have 2,350 items and variations combined. Is this a lot already? Should we delete items we have not used for the past 2 years or so?

Just curious if this system was used for a grocery store or supermarket, would that be using a different infrastructure as to small businesses like us?

Would upgrading to the Square Register hardware fix this?

Your thoughts on the matter please. Thanks for the attention.

Pal,

Benjohn

Get it done. Make it happen.
Message 18 of 18