x

Staff Schedules: How do you manage stylists who have existing Square accounts?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Staff Schedules

I have a hair salon with 8 stylists and 2 receptionists. We are all chair rental and all have our own square reader to accept payments.  I am currently changing our salon system, mostly used for sale of retail products and gift cards, to the Square system.  I am purchasing the employee set up so that we can all use the scheduler and my receptionists can book clients for everyone.  My question is if everyone already has a Sqaure account for their readers, how do I attach the schedule to their account from my salon account? Is that possible or will they need 2 different log ins? One for taking payment and one for schedule?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @hairformers!

You're right, if you want your stylists to take payments on their own Square accounts then they would need to have two separate log ins: one to log in as a member of staff on your account to manage their calendar; and separate log in to accept a payment from their Square account/receive deposits to their bank linked account.

Just to let you know you can use employee permissions to allow stylist to take payments on behalf of your business but that way the the associated deposits would be sent to your bank account. 

Let me know if you have any other questions about Square Appointments! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @hairformers!

You're right, if you want your stylists to take payments on their own Square accounts then they would need to have two separate log ins: one to log in as a member of staff on your account to manage their calendar; and separate log in to accept a payment from their Square account/receive deposits to their bank linked account.

Just to let you know you can use employee permissions to allow stylist to take payments on behalf of your business but that way the the associated deposits would be sent to your bank account. 

Let me know if you have any other questions about Square Appointments! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

Can the business see transactions  made  on your personal square login, when you are linked to their business appointment calendar.

i use another businesses calendar for appointments, but process my payments through my own log in, and I am curious since I’m linked to their account if they can see my  personal transactions. 

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

We definitely want to help get you the right answer here, @Cinnamonsugar. However, I don't want to jump the gun and dive into an answer without fully understanding your question.

If you could please provide a bit more context to the question you're asking, we'll be able to better point you in the right direction here! It would be helpful to know a bit more about how you use your personal Square account, as well as how you're linked to - and using - another business' calendar for appointments. Thanks in advance! 😊

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

i have my own square account I ring customers out with.  I am linked to another business where I am a stylist that works there but operate independently.  I use their colander to schedule appointments, but I use my own square point of sale to ring out customers so my payments go to my linked bank account.  All I can access on the other business is the calendar,client info, etc.  but I am wondering if the business can see my sales transactions when I use my personal point of sale?

when I log in, it says which business would you like to manage, I choose my personal one for sales transactions, but can choose the other business when I want to see the salons colander.  
did I give them access to my personal sales when I accepted the invite to join their page? 

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

It sounds like you are scheduling appointments using the salon's Square account, but you are not accepting payments while logged into the salon's account. As long as you are accepting and processing payments on your Square account and not the salon's, the salon will not have access to your transaction information.

The reason both of these locations show up as options for you when you log in is because your email address is associated with both your Square account and the salon's Square account. Because the salon does not share your email address, they will not see what you see when you log in, @Cinnamonsugar. I hope this helps clear things up for you!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6