x

Stand and Terminal integration

Is it possible to connect the Stand and the Terminal so I can do and order on the Stand and have the customer pay on the Terminal? In one video I saw they said they synced the stand and the terminal together, but I couldn't find any more info on this.

I currently have a lot of items on the stand, but I would like to have the amount displayed when the customer uses their card (plus the option of printing a receipt). I guess I'm asking for the 2nd screen like the Register, but it isn't available in Australia. I would use the Terminal, but the list is too hard compared to the pages I have for the products on the stand. It's all about speed in selecting the items.

I realise that I could enter the order on the stand and then put the amount in the terminal, but this would be two steps and if I wanted to record the items from the stand, I would either have to enter the order them on the terminal or process both on each device which would incorrectly double the amount taken.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @SteveIceCream! Thanks for joining the Seller Community!

There's not a way to connect the Stand to the Terminal or vice versa. Like the Square Stand, the Terminal is also a stand alone point of sale system.

I definitely understand what you mean about the view of the items being easier to look at on the Stand. I can share this with our product team so that they can track this feedback. But sorry to say that right now there's not a way to link the two.

Let us know if any other questions arise!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply Nika_

I should point out http one of the Terminal videos says that they synced it up to their square stand. It's at 1:10 and on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNI3WWsgvDs

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@SteveIceCream That's a cool video- haven't seen that yet!

I think the context might be a bit off... I can definitely confirm that the Terminal isn't able to connect to the Square Stand. 

If this does ever come to be true, that's a big announcement that we'd make here in the Community!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4