x

Stock Tracking Switch

I have found that a few of the items I created in the app did not have the tracking switch turned on automatically. There doesn't seem to be a reason why this should happen as other items created at the same time had the switch set to 'on' automatically. Is this a bug? (I know that if I create items via the dashboard, I need to turn tracking on manually each time). 

P

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @phoenix

When creating an item on the Point of Sale app you'll need to select, "Receive Stock" to start tracking inventory. If a stock count isn't entered then inventory won't be tracked. Check out the screen shot below for an example. 

Image from iOS (1).png

Message 2 of 4

Hi Chad, 

I have the same issue, but a little different. I have many (about 400) items in my library that already have a number of stock units but have the switch of tracking off. Can I switch on this on all of my items in one time?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@cabreramouzo Helen here stepping in for Chad.

Yes you should be able to enable stock tracking in bulk using the Export/Import CSV from your online Square Dashhboard: This post has a bit more detail - just keep in mind in that example they are turning tracking OFF in bulk! And this thread has the steps to export your item library in order to make changes in bulk

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4