x

Subscription without billing proration

Hi

We recently started using Square and faced a problem with our implementation.

We have one and just one subscription plan(No upgrades - No downgrades):
$10 for 7 days of paid trial period(discounted) --> $90 recurring monthly charge, starting day 8.

It's pretty simple. However, after 7 days, the payment method of the customer gets charged for the remaining days in the month! For example, if the use subscribed on Sep 2nd, then on Sep 9th, Square deducts 21/30 of the monthly price($90) which is confusing for everyone.

We would like to bill the customer exactly $90 regardless of the day in the month, and then continue that billing schedule every month. Do you have any solution for that?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Hi there @mo_kh - I want to make sure I'm following here!

Do you have a screenshot of how this is set up in your Square Dashboard?
It would be easier to provide some guidance here if I were able to see the settings on your invoice - thank you!

You can also get in touch with our team by phone to take the next steps here, as our phone team has the ability to look at your account alongside you and help you make adjustments. If you prefer to run through your options that way, please don't hesitate to get in touch! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thank you, Valentina.
I contacted the team and they said that currently, it's not possible to not prorate the payments. 

Message 3 of 3