x

Tap to contribute

I'm a member of a non-profit organization that requires contributions from its own members as our only source of revenue, so we'd like to make it as easy as possible to contribute.

We currently use Square Terminals to process sales and contributions, but I'd like to streamline the contribution process as much as possible.

Is it possible to use the square software and either terminal or touchless reader to simply tap to contribute? No questions asked, just tap and move along.

I fantasize about a small table that has 3 readers, each for a different denomination: $5, $10, $20 and people could just tap the one they want.

Is this or something close to it possible?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey , thanks so much for your post. Great question!

At the moment, the Square Reader does not facilitate a self-serve 'tap to donate' feature, as it cannot be pre-set to charge specific amounts and requires the user to manually enter each transaction at checkout. 

It is a great idea, though, and can definitely imagine that a feature similar to what you've described above would help you streamline how you accept donations for your business. 

I'll make sure your feedback is fed back to our product teams for better visibility. 

Let me know if there is anything else you need from me! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey , thanks so much for your post. Great question!

At the moment, the Square Reader does not facilitate a self-serve 'tap to donate' feature, as it cannot be pre-set to charge specific amounts and requires the user to manually enter each transaction at checkout. 

It is a great idea, though, and can definitely imagine that a feature similar to what you've described above would help you streamline how you accept donations for your business. 

I'll make sure your feedback is fed back to our product teams for better visibility. 

Let me know if there is anything else you need from me! 

Message 2 of 3

Thank you, @k_atie for answering so quickly and clearly.

Message 3 of 3