x
Beta Member

Team App User Manual

I see a lot of articles about the Team App but mainly from an employer perspective... I don't see much for the actual employee to understand what they would be seeing and doing in the app. 

For instance, how does the employee set their availability in the Team App so that they are not scheduled on days or times of a day that they cannot work? What about shift management / shifting - where an employee puts up their shift for other employees to accept and work on?

Where do I find a manual that I can provide to our employees that will provide them will everything they need to know to work in the new scheduling system?

James Wilkinson
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @JPWilkinson,

We actually have two Support Center articles for the Team App.

One is navigating for the employers and one for the employees.

Here's the link to the one for employees for reference!

Sometimes you have to search by keyword or look at related articles when searching in the Support Center. I personally find it best to Google it as it brings me to the result faster. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Yes, I saw this already but it doesn't give any info on how to set the availability, shift swapping, or much else aside from clocking in and out, or taking breaks and accumulated hours. We are moving from OpenSimSim where this is doable within their app and we need to ensure that the Square offering is on par, or superior.

James Wilkinson
Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

@JPWilkinson Setting availability and shift-swapping are not features that our Team app currently offers.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

We are testing the beta of the Teams environment - and its not even part of that?

James Wilkinson
Message 5 of 5