x
Beta Member

Team Management: Help with permissions :(

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Please help me with permissions 😞 ?

So this may be simple but I cannot figure out how to make it so that after every 5 mins or so that square needs the 4 digit passcode so when the cashiere goes to get plants or walks away that it does not stay unlocked and all night be unlocked. I can do it on a full access account easily but I cannot figure out how to enable the option when my other users which are not full access. They have specific permissions, both so no one can mess anything up which I am not really worried about them doing it intentionally but still. I have thought maybe If I give full access permissions and then go in and enable the code and then change my permissions again maybe that will work? but there must be an easier way. Also as I said in another post if anyone happens to know how to have the printer print out online orders but not print and order slip every time I do an in person order that would be nice too 🙂 You are all a great community and very helpful so thanks again 🙂

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

I figured it out so if anyone wants to know if you make separate users with different permissions and different logins it allows a login with limited permissions and no options for over ride or passcode locks. Which is good in one of my cases and I'm sure some others. If you login with your primary account and have passcodes enabled the different passcodes will give your different permissions. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Beta Member

Best Answer

I figured it out so if anyone wants to know if you make separate users with different permissions and different logins it allows a login with limited permissions and no options for over ride or passcode locks. Which is good in one of my cases and I'm sure some others. If you login with your primary account and have passcodes enabled the different passcodes will give your different permissions. 

Message 2 of 9
Admin

@MattHebb1995 Helen here from the Community team - thanks for following up on your post! I marked your reply as the Best Answer so it'll help other sellers with the same question. 😊

Hope all is going well on your online store and offline in the real world on your farm. (Sounds like you have your hands full!)

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 9
Beta Member

My hands are extremely full! it's the family farm and I have slowly been gaining more and more responsability over the years but all of a sudden I am in charge of our main method of sales which is alot all at once and they cannot help as they do not know tech at all... 

Message 4 of 9
Admin

@MattHebb1995 Oh wow! Well it sounds like you're doing a great job and I hope they appreciate your efforts. We appreciate having you here in the Seller Community! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 9

@Helen  Is @MattHebb1995 ‘s response the same for square for Restaurants? I have the plus subscription and I have setup a few different custom permissions for the employees in my restaurant. Each employee has their own login and I have applied the appropriate permissions to each  employee. None of them have access to account settings. But, when I am testing security and login/clock in with one of their logins I am still able to mess with hardware and such. I am missing something. Can you help?

thanks,

Andrew

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @EatMorePizza,

Stepping in for @Helen here.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by messing with the hardware.

They should still be able to do certain permissions on your hardware based off what permissions you have or don't have but I'm not sure which you mean in particular.

It may be easiest to contact our direct CS team here so they can look at your setup with you and make sure the right permissions are checked or unchecked. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 9

Hey @ashc I can contact support. 

Here is more detail for you: most of my employees that I have setup do not have access to any permission below transactions. My managers have access to reporting. So when I log in to my restaurants app with one of the employees' login, I don't think that I should be able to setup new hardware, remove old hardware, check balances, etc... really they shouldn't be able to do anything with my account. They should only be able to manage orders on the POS and close the day out at closing time. I know I am missing something here, but I have done so much reading and can't find where my issue is. 

Hope this helps. This is the only piece of the puzzle holding me back from putting the whole kit in my restaurant. 

Thanks,

Andrew

Permissions List.jpg

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Definitely a head scratcher @EatMorePizza.

It'll definitely be easiest to contact direct support so they can look into your whole setup with you and figure out what's missing here. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9