x

To Square or not to Square

Good night all.

I am looking at using a simple POS for one of my friends stores, she isnt too tech savy and is looking for something simple.

I am looking at quickbooks pos and square pos as possible solutions.

At present quickbooks pos is ahead because i have used it before and it simple integrates into quickbooks accounting with minimal issues and no monthly fees.

The reason i am looking at square as an option is because it is cross platform between android and IOS and since she has an ipad home and and an android phone, there is little need to purchase much new hardware.

I got a few questions about square:

1)Must one use square card reader and square to accept credit card/debit card payments ? In my country we are forced to use the local banks linx(debit card/credit card) devices to process card payments. I live in Trinidad and Tobago.

2)What Bluetooth receipt printer and cash draw would work with square?

3)Can one export data manually from square to quickbooks account software? i see there is an app that charges 19usd a month, but i am looking at minimal cost at the start. The exchange rate in my country is 1USD=7TTD.

4)I am looking at the Team Management feature, at her place there are only going to 2 sets of users.. management and floor staff... must one get the the Team management plus just to have these 2 sets ? especially since she is only going to have 1 employee?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hello @Trinimoses! Helen here from the Community team - I'm very sorry for the late reply. I have one question for you - where is your friend's business located? At this time card processing is only available in the US, Canada, Australia, the UK and Japan. If your friend lives in one of those countries she can use the Contactless and Chip card reader to accept both credit and debit cards, and she'll be able to subscribe to Team Management. However, if she lives in Trinidad and Tobago she'll still be able to use the Square app - but only to record payments/track inventory. She'd nee to use a different card device (it sounds like it would be a bank-issued device) to take payments.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2