x

Transations before linked bank acct?

We just received our Square reader and have a big sale tomorrow. According to Square, our bank account won't be verified and linked until 2 days after the sale. 

Can we still accept card payments before linking an account? If so, where does the money sit until it can be deposited to our account? Is it secure?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@SpiritNorth Yes you can accept payments before your linked bank account has been verified!

The funds from your payments will be securely stored in your Square account until your bank account is verified, at which point your deposit will automatically be sent to your account in 1-2 business days. 

If you have any other questions about using Square let me know or feel free to start a new thread. I hope your sale went well!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

My account has been verified and I have taken two payments 6 days ago, both of which have not been deposited to my bank account.  Where is the money and does anyone know why it wouldn't be transferred to my verified bank account??

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @IdaViewHask,

We don't have access to your account specifics here from the Community as it's intended for seller to seller conversation.

I'd recommend checking your Transactions tab to make sure these were processed correctly as a card payment and not Cash/Other.

Cash/Other payments wouldn't result in a transfer since those are just for recording purposes. No card information is taken on those transactions.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4