x
Beta Member

Urgent! App looks different on two of the same type of tablet

Our co-op purchased a second tablet (exactly the same as our first one) to be a second terminal at our sales but we cannot get the second app’s checkout screen to look the same way as the first one - we want it to show two pages of our items in a grid (three wide, in numerical order, we number our items). The new tablet only shows them stacked (one column) in alphabetical order using the first two letters.

I have a photo of both screens side by side, is there a way to share that here?

We have a sale that starts tomorrow and would like to have a smooth and consistent checkout experience for our volunteers.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @NanaimoPotety. Thanks for reaching out on the Seller Community! And thanks for your patience while we worked through your question. 

The item grid on the Point of Sale app is one of the few features that is exclusive to the specific device that is being used. This meaning that if you set up an item grid on one tablet, that arrangement will not automatically transfer over and appear on another tablet - even if its signed into the same account. The grid arrangement is device specific which allows for tailored customization for each device you use.

Because of this, you will need to manually re-arrange the item grid on your new tablet to reflect the setup of your previous device. Here is a helpful guide for getting started with a new grid arrangement.

In terms of adding a photo to your next Community post - there should be an 'expansion toolbar' button next to the font and emoji options when creating a thread. This button will expand available options when posting, which will give you ability to attach a photo. If that doesn't work for you, we have also seen Merchants have success by simply copying and pasting their photo inside their post.

I hope all of this information is helpful! If you are needing further assistance, especially if it is urgent, we recommend reaching out to our Support Team by phone - they should be able to answer most inquiries.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2