x
Beta Member

View Open Tickets from Dashboard

We need to be able to see from the HOME screen a list of Open Tickets. How can we do this?

James Wilkinson
Message 1 of 21
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: View Open Tickets from Dashboard

Hey @JPWilkinson - Sorry for the confusion here. @VanKalkerFarms' answer stands as there currently isn't a way to view Open Tickets from your Dashboard, only within your POS app. If your managers have a tablet, they can use that to sign in to the app and check in on the tickets remotely.

Hope that helps!

20 REPLIES 20
Super Seller

you can not see open tickets on your Square Dashboard, that is only something you can do within the Square POS app.

Message 2 of 21
Beta Member

@VanKalkerFarms

Yes - I know this (LOL) but I'm asking for the ability to see the Open Tickets in the HOME screen so that we can see what transactions are coming up - or if any were left open - that Management can close-out for end-of-day balancing - as there is normally no Management on for close.

James Wilkinson
Message 3 of 21
Super Seller

well, you specifically asked to View Open Tickets from Dashboard so that is what I answered.

you can set Square POS up so that once you save a ticket or complete at transaction it automatically brings you back to the open ticket selection screen.  that is a setting in Settings -> open tickets -> use open tickets menu as home screen.  you will then have to close out of that menu if you want to start a new transaction.

Message 4 of 21
Beta Member

@VanKalkerFarms

Sorry - HOME screen in Dashboard - not the POS.

James Wilkinson
Message 5 of 21
Beta Member

Any thoughts on this? Our Managers who work remotely need to be able to login to the dashboard via the website - and see that there are no open tickets at the end of a night and be able to close or void them from the website dashboard interface. Especially, as new locations are open - it will be even more important that Managers can remotely monitor and interface with our business.

James Wilkinson
Message 6 of 21
Alumni

Hey @JPWilkinson - Sorry for the confusion here. @VanKalkerFarms' answer stands as there currently isn't a way to view Open Tickets from your Dashboard, only within your POS app. If your managers have a tablet, they can use that to sign in to the app and check in on the tickets remotely.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 7 of 21
Beta Member

@puka

We all do have smartphones and we do have the Square app loaded - what we find hwoever, is that we need to log in to the app with the login that is used on the iPads back at the shop - otherwise we cannot see tickets - which is problematic as that login in the owner login and we cannot give that out... for obvous reasons.

Even myself - that is listed as an Admin - I login with my credentials to the app as I do to the dashboard - and I cannot see Open TIckets... I've tested this on my own iPad as well.

James Wilkinson
Message 8 of 21
Alumni

Just to clarify, are you using Employee Management with Employee Passcodes enabled?

Puka - She/They
Message 9 of 21
Beta Member

Yep! ๐Ÿ™‚

James Wilkinson
Message 10 of 21
Alumni

Hm, it should sync across devices especially when you're logged in through your own account so I'm not sure why it's not doing so for you. Unfortunately,I can't help troubleshoot any further without getting into your actual account and I have limited access to it within the Community. However, our CS team can help you investigate what the source of the issue is. I've opened up a case with them for you and they should follow up via email.

Puka - She/They
Message 11 of 21
Beta Member

@puka

To what email should this have come? I have yet to get anything...

James Wilkinson
Message 12 of 21
Alumni

It looks like they reached out on March 22nd to the email address you have on file for your account (subject: A message from Square Support). I would check your spam/junk folder if you're not seeing it within your inbox.

Puka - She/They
Message 13 of 21
Beta Member

I do not have anything in my gmail at all... can the ticket be restarted? Thanks!

James Wilkinson
Message 14 of 21

Any updates on this? Seems like a no brainer? Can we edit tickets on the dashboard?

Message 15 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hi! Thanks for asking - I hear you that this has been a long time for a feature request and a simple ask. At this time, we are still tracking the requests, but will be sure to post any updates on this thread if we are running a Beta program or releasing the feature request. Your posts in this thread to help, though, as our Developers do read every post that comes through these feature request threads, and so the more the merrier as far as thread comments go!

Again, thanks for posting and I hope this helps a little, and please let me know if there is anything else I can answer or help with. ๐Ÿ™‚

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 21
Beta Member

It's coming up on nearly 2 years since I first made this request... Has any progress been made with this? This is entirely database-driven tech displayed on a website (just like the Square app is also a website) and should be super-easy to build in calls to the database to bring in all the information to the dashboard to allow for editing, etc. Why is this taking so long? 

James Wilkinson
Message 17 of 21

It's pretty bad. This and the fact that you can't customize the booking form are two very basic functions that all of square appointment's competitors offer right out of the gate (Toast, Lightspeed, YouCanBook Me etc.) 

When is this stuff going to get fixed? In its current format this software is unusable. 

Message 18 of 21
Beta Member

We are finding it completely annoying that as a Management Team - we cannot use our laptops to manage the business via the dashboard. Everything should be able to be seen and done via Dashboard. Open Tickets, printer options, etc. We are looking at opening multiple locations and even carrying an iPad doesn't help when you need to log into a specific iPad to select a different printer if one is acting up, etc. Also we should be able to export as PDFs the reports that we see, including the graphs. Just, everything should be accesible and modifiable via dashboard. We all already are carrying laptops to manage all the other things that we need to do when running a business - and carrying iPads is very inefficient.

James Wilkinson
Message 19 of 21

I completey agree with this. This is a feature that absolutley has to be added. Managers should be able to sit in a back office and see what is going on at FOH. For me, I am managing a boat with multiple captains charging actual tickets to clients. I need my accounting office to be able to access open tickets and turnt them into invoices. 

Message 20 of 21
Beta Member

Given that even more time has gone since I first out this out there, has any movement been made?

To reiterate: everything should be able to be done via the dashboard. We should be able, by location, see the POS screens, and manipulate them - see open tickets and be able to manipulate those, etc.

Especially as you roll out a new menu - or a new layout for the POS - it should be controlled from the dashboard - so that all locations' POS are updated at the same time - so that it does not require someone to go in and reset each page. Training f staff would be far faster and more efficient as well, since training manuals could be done beforehand with screenshots, etc - so that when the rollout happens, managers could already be trained and staff members as well - then the change occurs, everyone is already familiar with what and where things are.

James Wilkinson
Message 21 of 21