x
Highlighted
JPWilkinson

View Open Tickets from Dashboard

We need to be able to see from the HOME screen a list of Open Tickets. How can we do this?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

Re: View Open Tickets from Dashboard

you can not see open tickets on your Square Dashboard, that is only something you can do within the Square POS app.

Message 2 of 18
Highlighted
JPWilkinson

@VanKalkerFarms

Yes - I know this (LOL) but I'm asking for the ability to see the Open Tickets in the HOME screen so that we can see what transactions are coming up - or if any were left open - that Management can close-out for end-of-day balancing - as there is normally no Management on for close.

Message 3 of 18
Highlighted
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

well, you specifically asked to View Open Tickets from Dashboard so that is what I answered.

you can set Square POS up so that once you save a ticket or complete at transaction it automatically brings you back to the open ticket selection screen.  that is a setting in Settings -> open tickets -> use open tickets menu as home screen.  you will then have to close out of that menu if you want to start a new transaction.

Message 4 of 18
Highlighted
JPWilkinson

@VanKalkerFarms

Sorry - HOME screen in Dashboard - not the POS.

Message 5 of 18
Highlighted
JPWilkinson

Any thoughts on this? Our Managers who work remotely need to be able to login to the dashboard via the website - and see that there are no open tickets at the end of a night and be able to close or void them from the website dashboard interface. Especially, as new locations are open - it will be even more important that Managers can remotely monitor and interface with our business.

Message 6 of 18
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @JPWilkinson - Sorry for the confusion here. @VanKalkerFarms' answer stands as there currently isn't a way to view Open Tickets from your Dashboard, only within your POS app. If your managers have a tablet, they can use that to sign in to the app and check in on the tickets remotely.

Hope that helps!

Message 7 of 18
Highlighted
JPWilkinson

@puka

We all do have smartphones and we do have the Square app loaded - what we find hwoever, is that we need to log in to the app with the login that is used on the iPads back at the shop - otherwise we cannot see tickets - which is problematic as that login in the owner login and we cannot give that out... for obvous reasons.

Even myself - that is listed as an Admin - I login with my credentials to the app as I do to the dashboard - and I cannot see Open TIckets... I've tested this on my own iPad as well.

Message 8 of 18
Highlighted
Admin

Just to clarify, are you using Employee Management with Employee Passcodes enabled?

Message 9 of 18
Highlighted
JPWilkinson

Yep! 🙂

Message 10 of 18