x

Web and App interfaces not synced

When i access my account on the web, I don't see many of the options I can view on the app (such as team).  Tried across browsers and clearing cache but the problem still exists.

How can I send receipts by SMS to customers? This option is available on the web but not on the app version.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @FMO,

Thanks for reaching out.

One thing to keep in mind is that your Online Square Dashboard and the Square POS app are indeed two different platforms that do different things. Your Dashboard is used to manage your Square account via a web browser, while the Point of Sale app is your in-store or on the go Point of Sale system.

With that said, there is still a lot of crossover between the two, and sending a receipt via either SMS or email is a core function of the Square POS app - read more about how to do this here. The receipt screen should actually appear once a sale has been completed!

One possible reason you may not be seeing the receipt screen on the app is if it's been turned off - in the app, go to Settings > Checkout > Receipt and make toggle "Skip Receipt Screen".

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

@Seamus 

Is there a way i can send you screenshot to show you the options I am seeing on both the web and app interfaces?  I cant view the menu you have highlighted (settings>Checkout>Receipt) for example.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

@FMO

You can upload screenshots via the response window where you type a reply, via the camera icon:

The options in-app may be slightly different for you (I might be using a newer version of the app) but if you look through the app settings, receipt options should be there - sending an SMS receipt is a core functioning of Square's POS app, so you should be able to get things working!

Feel free to send a pic of the options you're seeing and I will do my best to guide you where to go 👍

You could also get in touch with our support team if you'd like someone to guide you through the process step by step over the phone! You can call our support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Get the best Arabic Vector Islamic Pattern & design with beautiful Muhammad u Rasool Ullah, Mashallah, First Kalma Tayyaba, and 4 quls text. <a href="https://islamicwalldecors.com/">Islamic Calligraphy Arabic Vectors</a>

Message 5 of 5