x

What happens if the client has insufficient funds while WIFI is down?

What happens if the client has insufficient funds while WIFI is down?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LesFinsBecs - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face ๐Ÿ˜Š

Great Question.

Sounds like you're inquiring about accepting a payment in Offline Mode

You are responsible for any expired, declined, or disputed payments accepted while offline. Offline Mode only supports Chip and PIN card payments, Google Pay, and Apple Pay transactions. You must always be connected to the internet to process contactless card payments.

If a seller has insufficient funds when you accept their payment, the only way to recover the sale would be to contact the seller for another form of payment and process the payment again. 

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know if this does not correctly address your inquiry. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist. โœจ

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

@Ria ok so lost wifi connection without offline mode enabled will result in a lost charge if NSF. 

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 3 of 6

@ReginaRMT - unfortunately, it sounds like that may be the case. There are some instances where the payment was captured but not successfully executed, i'd recommend contacting support to have the transaction researched by our experts. 

I wish you best in recovering this payment. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist. โœจ

Ria
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

@Ria @Sorry I did not have this happen. It was just a question. More of a scenario I hope to never have. Iโ€™m lucky to say Iโ€™ve never had a nsf or chargeback dispute of any kind in almost 20 years of business. 

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 5 of 6

@ReginaRMT - oh thank goodness! It always worries me when sellers aren't able to recover funds from their hard work. 

Going to knock on some wood now, that never happens! โœจ

Ria
Message 6 of 6