x

What is the best way to track inventory for ice cream?

What is the best way to track inventory for ice cream?   I setup an item for “1Scoop” ... with variable of the different flavours ... which works.    But then when I do an item for “2Scoops” and enter a variable for the flavour ... how would inventory delete “2 “ of the flavour from inventory , instead of just one ?

even if I enter the flavour as the item... with variables of 1 scoop, and 2 scoop.... how can I get inventory to delete the right amount ??

help ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hey @Scoops2 - Welcome to the Community!

@pessosices sounds like the perfect person to help here as he owns his own ice cream shop as well! You might be interested in reading his super cool writeup: How I Revamped My Business Thanks to Square Data. It talks about how he set up his Item Library in a way that helped grow his business. 🙂

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks so much @puka 

Great question - @Scoops2 !

We've definitely been struggling with the same issue. Unfortunately we haven't found a by-the-scoop inventory solution, especially one that works across sizes.

Our inventory solution is instead to set up a second Location for Inventory, and we track by the Tub. We make an item for each flavor, and track inventory by the Tub. When we make more tubs of a new flavor (or if you order them) we add them to the inventory, and when we put each tub into our freezers up front, we "ring up" a tub.

Hope this works at least a little bit for you, sorry there's no direct Scoop Inventory solution that I've found yet.
Let me know if you find something that works!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 4

Thanks such much @puka ... not sure what I will do yet!   So far excel is working .. but very time consuming.   Keep me updated if you find a better solution ... and I'll keep you updated as well.. . 

Who wants ice cream? Lol 

Message 4 of 4