x

Why could I not use my Square to accept International ViSA cards?

As a Canadian business vendor, I would like to be able to accept International Visa Cards, how do 

I do this at events?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Debbie4! You can accept international cards with Square! As long as they have the VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Interac. 

You can view this information on the Support Center int he article Accepted Cards

Message 2 of 4

The last time I read the forum it said that only card from the country where account is registered.

This is a good news I need to start getting online payments. what is the rate for international cards? I am using invoicing and API to process cards.

thanks.

Denys

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hi there Denys 👋

I'd recommend reading up on accepted cards for a bit more detail about what kinds of cards you are able to accept with Square. Although there are different fees associated with invoice/API payments vs payments accepted in-person via the app, there are no different or additional fees charged to you when processing cards that originate outside of your country. You can learn all about our fees here.

If you're looking to learn more about the currency conversion bit, @EJ explained how this will work in his Best Answer here. Please let me know if this isn't the information you were looking for!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4