x

Can I use square hardware in Qatar?

Im interested in using the software, but can I use the card reader in Qatar too?

what should I use to integrate both hardware and software?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hello @spec, thank you for your interest in Square! At this time you cannot use Square's hardware to accept card payments in Qatar. You can use the Point of Sale app to record sales and track your inventory but you won't be able to use the Square reader, Terminal or Register. We'll definitely announce any updates if you can use Square hardware in Qatar in future! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

Hello, is there any update to this? Are we able to use this product in Qatar now? 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @Artbyresin,

Thanks for reaching out. At the moment Square isn't available as a payments processor in Qatar. We'll be sure to update this thread if this changes in the future!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Hi, 

is there an update on this thread equations? can I use the HW product in Qatar ?
if not can integrate the HW with local payment gateway API ? 

my Regards 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @WISDOMSEVEN thank you for reaching out. Happy to provide you with some more information on Square's international availability.

Card payment acceptance with the Square is currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Japan, the Republic of Ireland, and France. We currently donโ€™t support payment card processing outside of these countries or in U.S. territories, including Qatar. 

Because of this, you would not be able to use Square Hardware outside of these countries as well as our products are designed to support Square Software only. For more information, please see this article from our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6