x
Beta Member

Square online HELP

I purchased my domain through squaareup. I got the receipt through Weebly. How do I log into my root folder to upload and XMLSITEMAP ? How to create my domain name emails. ? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting. You can access and manage your domain DNS by navigating to the Online Store dashboard, and clicking the Domains tab from the dropdown in the top right corner of the screen. Click on your domain name to edit or add additional DNS records, including MX records. 

It's not possible to upload files to the root folder, but you can find the sitemap for your domain by adding /sitemap.xml to the end of your domain name.

For emails, we offer the option to purchase Gsuite for your domain name. This option is also found from the dropdown on the main dashboard. You can also use email through a third party provider by adding the appropriate MX records to the domain management page. 

Please reference this article if you have any additional questions about editing the dns for your domain name. 

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

thank you for your response, ive tried this and under the top right corner, i click domain, and a page comes up and tells me i have no domain? i type my domain in and it changes it to something else and tells me i have to purchase it?

i am using the free version of the square site, not a paid site, i feel this has something to do with it not being there, but i may be wrong. i just really need to know if this can be done from a free version or i have to be a paid member?

thank you again.

i hope i can get this figured out

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Hi there, new here to square, i tried setting up my store on Facebook, from the square site, says i need to edit my dns records, is that only available for paid sites? I'm currently using the free site option

i cant seem to find anywhere even following the "how to" where this dns records tab is

Thank you for any help

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Hey @homeandcottage1! Check out Bernadette's answer on this thread. It should help!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

I remember getting so frustrated with that part too. Make sure you choose online on left side before choosing name dropdown box with your name on top right ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 6