x

how can i search customers by their email addresses using square customer API endpoint?

Hi,

i want search a customer by his/her email address, i am using the below url 

https://connect.squareup.com/v2/customers/search

if there is any way to search a customer using email address so please let me know

thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @faris1 At this time you can’t search by email. Currently the only fields you can search by are creation_source, created_at, and updated_at. In order to find a customer by email programmatically, you would need to loop through all customers (by calling ListCustomers) and find a customer with a matching email address. Hope this helps in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 7

Thanks for your help.

how can i ask to square development team to add this functionality ? @Helen 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

@faris1 It's a request that we're already tracking - thanks! We'll update you here if it's possible to search by email in future.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 7

@Helen if there is million of customers and iterating them i think its inefficient way. If in square there is limited customers so please let me know otherwise i think i should wait for email filtering implementation. 

Message 5 of 7

Hi,

Is there any update on square customer search by email or any other custom field?

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey @recap,

I don't have any news to share on this one unfortunately, but at the same time we don't have much experience with using APIs on our Seller Community forum - the best place to ask is our Developer Forum, which launched since the thread first started a couple years back! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7