x

Square POS App optimized for iPhone X Screen

Desperately looking for an update to all of the Square Apps I use to allow optimazition & full use og the iPhone X screen resolution. The app feels cramped without this. When can we expect an update to the POS, Appointment, & Analytics apps to see support for the iPhone X. I have included a screenshot of the screen I am seeing

IMG_2911.PNG

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Good news, @DillyDallen. We just added iPhone X optmization in our latest update. Check it out and let us know what you think. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

I was very surprised to find out that the Square iOS app has not been updated to support the iPhone X screen size.

App is certainly functional, but ugly looking at the moment.

Perhaps this could be implemented soon?

Message 2 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @W19TAX

While the iPhone X is listed as compatible on our Compatibility Page, the Point of Sale app might not be optimized for the new larger screen of that particular phone. 

Can you provide some screenshots of what you're seeing? 

Message 3 of 7

Not sure if he had ever uploaded screenshots but I am also waiting for an iPhone X screen size app to be released. App feels very cramped in its current state. Screenshot a

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Thank you for your post @DillyDallen! The Point of Sale app will function normally on an iPhone X.  As @EJ mentioned, what your describing is related to the iPhone X's new large screen size (see screenshot below).

I'll share your feedback that the app feels cramped with the Point of Sale team. As soon as we have an update on the app layout for iPhone X we'll let you know in this thread! 

Point of Sale app on iPhone X

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 7
Alumni

Thanks for this helpful feedback @DillyDallen! I'll be sure to pass it on to the teams who work on all these products. We don't have a timeline for any of these updates, but we'll update you if we have anything to share in the future. 

Message 6 of 7
Square

Best Answer

Good news, @DillyDallen. We just added iPhone X optmization in our latest update. Check it out and let us know what you think. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 7 of 7