x

Can I make changes to an invoice before it has been paid?

If I create an invoice for someone for a private event in which the guest count could change, can I edit that invoice at the time of the event to adjust for the amount of guests that actually attended versus the expected guest count?  I love the added feature of getting a deposit paid in advance of the event but does that interfere with the ability to alter an invoice?  Thanks,

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Thanks for looping me in @VanKalkerFarms.  Stella, yes, you can edit the invoice before or after the deposit is paid.  I do it on a regular basis.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

you can edit an invoice after sending it, But I don't know if taking a deposit on the invoice could lock it down.  @ACAcatering you use invoices heavily, what do you know of how the deposits will affect editing an invoice?

Message 2 of 8
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Thanks for looping me in @VanKalkerFarms.  Stella, yes, you can edit the invoice before or after the deposit is paid.  I do it on a regular basis.

Message 3 of 8

Thanks!  

Message 4 of 8

Hi, I made a few typos on the customer's name and address grid on the invoice, so I edited the customer contact information and saved it. However, the invoice failed to update. Am I only able to edit the invoice amount? Is there a way to edit the customer's name and address on the invoice without cancelling it altogether?

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @NeighbrlyNotary. This is a great question! Thanks for taking the time to ask it here.

While you can edit certain details of an Invoice directly from the Invoice tab in the Online Dashboard, customer info can only be edited from the Customer Directory - which you seem to have done correctly!

The one caveat here is that if you edit customer information after an Invoice has been created with incorrect information, this will not retroactively fix the previous Invoice. To rectify this, you will need to cancel the previous Invoice and create a new one in its place. 

If you have any lingering questions, feel free to respond here! I am standing by waiting to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

Is there a place on the invoice to enter product LOT codes AFTER invoice has been paid and order processed?  In the event of a recall, I have to contact all customers who purchased a product from a specific lot.

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

It sounds like you found the answer you needed here, @Ricardos!

Let us know if any other questions come up, and welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8