x

Cookie policy remind me later no function

This icon cannot be removed and serves no purpose only to confuse and annoy.

Remove it or add a usable function.

The whole cookie design that weebly implement is flawed. Paypal payments cannot be made unless cookies are accepted. What the remind me later function does is avoid the issue. Weeebly have failed to explain what the function is for. What they say is "

When someone clicks remind me later it would typically be 12 to 24 hours before it would appear again. It does vary depending on their own browser configuration. There is no instruction given to the visitor when remind me later is clicked and no way of setting a custom message. Also, there is no way of removing this button from the options.

If someone did click remind me later and they now need to click accept they would need to clear their browser cache fully and restart. This will let them load the page as a new visitor and they would see the prompt as needed. This is also how you could see the message again if you already accepted the cookie in the past."

Another post not to be actioned.....by weebly

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

You can edit the cookie policy text for the banner if you want; one option would be to use the default text and then include a note about PayPal checkout and that it will prompt again within 24 hours.

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001390148-Configure-Your-Cookie-Notification-Banner

Message 3 of 2