x

Edu. Pro account access to apps-- PLEASE!

It's nonsensical to prevent education sites from using apps, especially free apps.  What is the logic in denying a teacher the abilty to have a FAQ accordion or "group objects" app?

My paid edu. pro account is hamstrung without the ability to use simple features a free 'business' account would have.

Please, please, please, allow access to apps, at least the freebies!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Sorry to hear your frustration, @MrsBradley. It's not that we don't want educators to use the App Center - it's just that it's a separate entity development-wise and needs separate engineering work in order to support. We're working to bring the App Center to as many Weebly users as possible, though I don't have an ETA on when that will happen for the education platform. Sorry!

Message 5 of 4

Adam,

Thank you for responding! Smiley Happy 

When the app store came out I COULD get apps (granted, it was via a work-around).  Only when I made the mistake of talking to a tech at Weebly about it was I cut off at the knees and all access taken away.  At least I didn't lose the apps one site already had and the info in those apps.  Thank you for that! Truly.

As I revamp my entire site to accommodate new material from our textbook adoption, it would greatly simplify life to be able to use apps.   We teachers work on such things over the summer as there is no time during the school year.  

I'm too invested in my site to abandon it and start over and the cost of a commercial 'pro' account is more than I can reasonably afford.  Letting teachers back into apps ASAP, verses a "maybe someday" would be deeply appreciated.

Message 5 of 4

We've been hearing this about 'bringing the apps to as many users as possible' but not having any date at all to do it for over six months now. It's getting stale. Clearly Edu.Pro customers are just not a priority to Weebly. Message received.

Message 5 of 4