x

Facebook messenger pop-up undeletable

I have tried all the solutions already offered in the community. I am the director of a small rural library and my predecessor connected facebook messenger to our website (caseypubliclibrary@weebly.com). I need to be able to delete it, but nothing I try works. When I go to Communications > Messenger, it want's me to connect a Facebook account. How can messenger still show up on the website when there's no facebook account connected? There is no disable option anywhere. Please help. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

It sounds like you have a third party widget installed on the page somewhere. Except it's hidden from view. I think it only appears on your homepage.

Whilst in Weebly click the Build tab at top of page and have the homepage in view. Hover around the page until you notice a blank box with an arrow in the top left and close X in the top right (see picture below). There'll might be a few of them as these are the editable areas of the page, so be careful. Make a back up of the page first if you're not sure what you are doing.

If you click in one of these blank boxes, you might see 'Custom HTML > Edit Custom HTML, like this.

Click Edit Custom HTML .

If you notice see that in the code

<!-- Messenger Chat Plugin Code -->

or this

js.src='https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk/xfbml.customerchat.js';

then this is certainly the Messenger widget you are talking about in your post.

Message 3 of 2