x

How to change my website's password?

I needed to password-protect my site, so I chose that option in the editor, and just entered my password choice quickly, assuming I would be able to go back and choose a different password later. Now for the life of me I cannot find any option to change the password. The only option I see is to either enable or disable the password option entirely. When I disable it then re-enable the password protection, I don't get the option to choose a new password. It just defaults back to that first choice. Is there any way to change my website password? 

To clarify: I am not looking to change my personal weebly log-in password, but my website password. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi, @isa9.

Assuming I'm looking at the right website, open the site in the editor and go to the Settings tab. Scroll down a bit and you should see the password protection option. Enter a new password in the field and save, and you'll be all set.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Best Answer

Hi, @isa9.

Assuming I'm looking at the right website, open the site in the editor and go to the Settings tab. Scroll down a bit and you should see the password protection option. Enter a new password in the field and save, and you'll be all set.

Message 5 of 5

Thank you so much! That did the trick.

Message 5 of 5
Square

Great! Glad to hear that.

Message 5 of 5

Once there enter your current password and then your desired new password twice and choose 'Change my Password' to save it. You will be returned to the main cPanel page once you have successfully done so. Alternatively if you need more help changing your password please contact your site's hosting company for assistance as they will be able to help you change your password from within their own cPanel account. For example Look at this: https://keziapickuplines.com

If you have forgotten your website's password and need help resetting it, please see our tutorial 'How To Reset Your Website's Password'.

That's it, now you know how to change your website's password! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!

Message 6 of 5