x

I suspect a server stability issue

A while back, I published a program for church which allows users to input hymn #, scripture reading, etc and it downloads requested files from the weebly website to put together a PowerPoint presentation to aid the worship service. (Our church website has the big database of all chapters of bible and hymns in Korean and English)

In the past two days, I received three reports from different churches that the program failed to access the file from our weebly website. All three showed me error report that shows the failure to access the files.

What is going on? Is the server blocking download attempts because we reached some sort of a limit? Now that I think about it, this issue had been reported occasionally before. I assumed it was a user input error because they later reported it works fine. I think the website is going offline or blocking download attempts intermittently and we are seeing the problem at increasing frequency as more church implement this program.

Can you look into this? Don't you have a log report that may enlighten us on the matter?

Our website is

Rickc.online

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

It was due to an expired SSL certificate and I've resolved the issue. I would delete the thread but don't know how to..

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Some additional info:

The error occurs after following code:

try:

wget.download(url, out=filename)

except:

Mbox(#this is the error message I'm seeing)

url is of the database:

https://www.rickc.online/uploads/1/0/9/7/109730685/

followed by the file name determined from user input.

The page is not dead, for instance, if I go to following page:

https://www.rickc.online/uploads/1/0/9/7/109730685/nhymn1.ppt

I can download the file without problem.

I don't know why wget.download suddenly stops working... any idea?

Message 4 of 3

Best Answer

It was due to an expired SSL certificate and I've resolved the issue. I would delete the thread but don't know how to..

Message 4 of 3