x

More topic categories on the main forum page.

For me, this is a pretty forum... but a tad hard to look around in. Maybe I'm just used to the old school look however.
For me it's a real pain to look for new topics. Aside from maybe visiting the forum and seeing the recent posts.

The pinned areas, "recent and featured topics" really don't offer much for anyone visiting.
Wouldn't it be easier to have some other categories listed as well, if you scroll down?

I mean, for me... if I want to see the entire "vote on features" page, I need to hope someone has posted in it lately, click on their recent post, that's shown in "Recent Topcs", than I just click on the "Vote on features" tag that is in the topic itself.

It shouldnt be that hard.

I realize that the left panel is for that, but not all categories are listed. And, and sub-categories are not clearly shown.

Like I said, I know I'm old school... it just seems that it would be easier to have more listed categories in the main area, and all you would need to do is scroll down a little.

Also, a new category for topics like the "Introduce yourself" thread would make sense. Maybe... a main category called "Just for fun" or something, where everyone can post topics that are not directly related to Weebly... such as the Introduce yourself thread.

If I were new to the forum... which I am... Haha... I would never think to look under "guidelines" to find a "introduce yourself" topic.

Just my thoughs.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hey, Billy!

Awesome feedback. We are already working on a few of the suggestions you have - especially those that speak to making the community easier to navigate. Pretty soon, there will be a lot more visibility on different topics, and the "recent posts" won't feel so limited. It might be another week or so, but like I said - soon!

In terms of the "just for fun" board - I seriously love this idea, and it's one of my favorite parts of any forum. I purposely chose to leave it out for now. My idea is that we would start the forum a bit on the small side, leaving us plenty of room to grow. Just know that this off topic area is going to be one of the first new additions I have in the next month.

Thanks again, and happy Friday!

Erin

Message 2 of 7

Happy Friday to you as well Erin! Actually... Have a great weekend in general!

Message 3 of 7

I also like the idea of an off-topic board, or "lounge". Basically someplace for Weebly users to shoot the... er, well, you know. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7

Ooohh, Weebly Lounge! I love that name!

Message 5 of 7

Okay, I actually just changed "Guidelines" to "Lounge." Let me know if this feels any better to you!

Message 6 of 7

I like the Lounge!  Cat Happy

Message 7 of 7